Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Anniversary- To Me!


Today, July 15, marks my one year anniversary with FitnessPrint and Team Blessed Bodies. It has been a year of change, of dedication and self-discovery. Reflecting on from where I started – too scared/ embarrassed/ nervous/ unsure to even say “I want to do a fitness competition” out loud (seriously, even writing it in an email made me feel sick and ridiculous) – to competing in 3 shows, I know I have grown in more ways than I can even recognize. I’ve found and followed a passion for food and fitness, trained hard and heavy, pushed my mind and body beyond its limits, learned to support and encourage without feeling threatened, discovered a disturbing affinity to Enrique Iglesias and Justin Bieber lyrics, and became hungry for more!  
And, when I think of all the things that I have done and achieved, I know I couldn’t have done it alone. I have been surrounded by the most supportive and encouraging people. First and foremost, my hubby Bryan. I cannot even count all the ways in which he has been there for me. From spending Friday nights grocery shopping, to calling friends hosting dinner parties ahead of time to let them know of “my situation” (i.e. I’ll be bringing and eating out of my own Tupperware), to driving me to tanning appointments (I stress while driving and cannot be sweating when sprayed), to not complaining when I say “5 more minutes” when it’s actually 20 (okay 30) more minutes, to being neglected for 12 hours straight when I hit the gym right after work. He has been nothing but encouraging and supportive. I could not ask for anything more.


Bryan supporting me at the NPAA show in May :)

I have also been blessed beyond belief to have found such an amazing coach, Fatima Leite Kusch and the team she has created. I haven’t written about them much here, but seriously, the all the Blessed Bodies ladies are so amazing and each of them in their own way have inspired and motivated me to keep on going. When I am struggling to get out that last rep, or talking myself out of doing cardio, I think of all the other girls on the team getting it done with whatever they have going on in their lives. There are moms (one with 5 kids!!), college students (even a girl in med school!), older women, younger women, some women with weight to gain and others with weight to lose, women who are training for their first competition, for their pro card or their first pro show and women who just do to do it. It’s truly awe inspiring. Every day I am so thankful and honoured to be a part of this team. They have strengthened me in more ways than one.
If the past year is any indication of what’s to come, then the sky truly is the limit. Never could I have imagined a year with so much strength, so much growth, and so many opportunities. It has truly changed the way I see the world (ugh, see?? This is the cheesy inspirational quote/ cliché thing I was talking about).  
 
 
 
Team Blessed Bodies at the Bust a Move fundraiser. Big muscles and big hearts.
 
Here’s to wishing for many, many more!

XOXO
Jen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment